Westerly Public Schools
2023 - 2024 Kindergarten Registration
begins January 9, 2023
Your child must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2023, to be eligible for kindergarten. To register your child, you will need:
- A completed registration packet. You may download the Kindergarten Registration Packet or contact Student Registration to have one mailed to your home address.
- Your child’s Birth Certificate (do not mail an original)
- Your child’s most recent physical and immunization records
- Proof of residency- must be a lease, mortgage statement, Westerly tax bill or current utility bill. If you do not have an acceptable form of proof of residency, call 401-315-1502 before sending any documents.
- A copy of your current driver’s license for personal identification (cannot be used as proof of residency)
- Custodial paperwork (if applicable)
After January 9, 2023, you may submit your child’s registration in the following ways:
- Completed packets and all supporting documents can be scanned and emailed to Student Registration at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed packets and a copy of all supporting documents can be mailed to Westerly Public Schools, Student Registration, 23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891.
- An appointment can be made to drop off the completed packet and all supporting documents. Walk-ins are discouraged and appointments are preferred. Please call 401-315-1502 to schedule an appointment to drop off your child's completed registration paperwork.
Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process or to schedule an appointment, please contact Michelle Barber at 401-315-1502.
Per Kindergarten Policy (No. 2512): Kindergarten students will be enrolled in their neighborhood school for the upcoming school year on May 1st.